Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Domaine Saint-Damien La Louisiane Gigondas

Sorry for the lack of posts recently! I went on a cruise after Christmas where I really should have photographed the food and taken better notes, but I didn't. Since we've been back home, I've been adjusting back to "real" life and haven't made enough time for my blog. Regardless, I am back now and ready to share a new wine I was able to try tonight!

The boys opened a bottle of 2005 Domaine Saint-Damien La Louisiane Gigondas tonight, to pair with their cigars (which I passed on this evening). I intended to only try a sip, as Kirk really enjoyed it, but I had to pour myself a small glass after my sip! The smell was very warm - perfect for the cold night - with a rich berry bouquet . The taste was very smooth, although dry, with the taste of dark berries. The finish was surprisingly short, and I do generally prefer a long finish, but it worked well with the wine.

Although I didn't purchase the wine, a quick google search shows prices in the $20 - a great deal for the quality of this wine. I would certainly pick up a bottle or two if I found it on the store shelves, although it's not quite to the point I would seek it out.

This is a nice way to cap off the evening, though!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: